The following are NASPE standards identified by Speed Stacks, that are met through Sport Stacking and ON THE MOVE activities that incorporate Sport Stacking:
Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply the learning and performance of physical activities.
Participates regularly in physical activity.
Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction. Positive Physical Education
SPEED STACKS BELIEVES THAT SPORT STACKING FITS RIGHT IN TO THE NASPE DEFINITION OF POSITIVE PE.
- teach a variety of physical education activities that make physical education class fun and enjoyable
- create maximum opportunities for students of all abilities to be successful
- promote student honesty, integrity and good sportsmanship
- guide students into becoming skillful and confident movers
- assist students in setting and achieving personal goals
- provide specific, constructive feedback to help students master motor skills
- afford opportunities for students to succeed in cooperative and competitive situations
- prepare and encourage students to practice skills and be active for a lifetime
Excerpted from pledge developed by NASPE, 2004